Washington Academy of Pain Management Second Annual Conference
October 3, 2020
7 A.M. – 4 P.M.
We regret to announce that we will be moving this year’s Conference to an online-only format.
While we were looking forward to seeing all of our members, sponsors, and student attendees for the second Annual Conference, in light of the developing situation with COVID-19, we decided to make the difficult decision to cancel in-person activities for this year. We look forward to your virtual participation as we continue to promote education and best pain management practices in the Washington region.
7:30 – 8:00 AM: Check-in
Mechanisms of Chronic Pain
- 8:00 – 9:00 AM: Genome-wide association studies in 500,000 subjects in the United Kingdom Biobank: : Keira Johnston PhD student: University of Glasgow Institute of Health and Wellbeing
- 9:00 -10:00 AM: Frequent cerebrospinal fluid abnormalities in pain revealed by untargeted 280 item metabolic analysis: Jon Berner MD PhD, Psychiatry, Woodinville WA
Break: 10:00 -10:15
Breakout Room A: Buprenorphine use for pain
- 10:15 – 11:15 AM Receptor pharmacology of buprenorphine: correlation to clinical profile: Robert Raffa PhD, Professor Emeritus, Temple University
- 11:15 AM -12:15 PM Practical use of buprenorphine for pain (Washington State experience): Greg Sharp DO, Bellingham; Lucinda Grande MD, Lacey
Breakout Room B: Recent regulatory issues in Washington State
- 10:15 -11:15 PM Washington Medical Commission Update on Opioid Prescribing Rules: Amelia Boyd, Program Manager; Rick Glein JD, Legal Director
- 11:15 -12:15 PM Getting insurance companies to pay for pain management with clinic records or litigation: Richard H. Adler JD, Founding Principal/Adler-Giersch Law Firm Seattle, WA
Lunch Break: 12:15-1:15 PM
- 1:15-2:15 PM The extracellular matrix has functional roles in the brain: Katherine Conant MD, Department of Neuroscience, Georgetown University
- 2:15-3:15 PM Clinical diagnosis and management of hypermobility: William Ericson, Orthopedic Surgery, Chair Orthopedics Working Group: Ehlers Danlos Society
Meet Our Speakers:
Please go to the registration page to sign-up.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.