WASHINGTON ACADEMY OF PAIN MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE
SEPTEMBER 14, 2019
BRIGHTWATER CONFERENCE CENTEr
What does ketamine teach us about pain and depression?
- 8:00 – 9:00 AM: Complex regional pain mechanisms and associated ketamine responsiveness: Maral Tajerian PhD, Queens College CUNY
- 9:00 -10:00 AM: Self-administered ketamine for pain and depression: Lucinda Grande, FP Lacey WA
Break: 10:00 -10:15
Sickness behavior: pain, depression, fatigue, anxiety, sleep disturbance
- 10:15 – 11:15 AM Basic mechanisms of hibernation in c. elegans: Alex Mendenhall, University of Washington Pathology
- 11:15 AM -12:15 PM Metabolic dissection of sickness states via CSF analysis and muscle biopsy: Kyla Shade, Willamette College
Lunch: 12:15-1:15 PM
Sleep medicine in chronic pain
- 1:15 -2:15 PM Impact of chronic pain on sleep architecture as revealed by home EEG: Gandis Mazeika MD, Psychiatry and Neurology, Sound Sleep, Seattle WA
- 2:15 -3:15 PM Central apnea associated with opioid use: Robert Farney MD, Pulmonology and Sleep Medicine, University of Utah
Break 3:15-3:30 PM
Suicide associated with chronic pain
- 3:30-4:00 PM Risk assessment of suicidal behavior: Jon Berner MD PhD Psychiatry
- 4:00-4:45 PM Evidence base for suicide risk reduction with medications, a personal narrative drawn from 600 phase 1-3 preclinical studies: Arif Khan, Psychiatry NW Clinical Research, Bellevue
- 4:45-6:00 PM Mortality and Morbidity Conference: a case with multiple suicidal overdoses in the context of refractory CRPS pain: Jon Berner MD PD Psychiatry, Dan Nelson MD Anesthesiology
Brightwater Education Center
Address: 22505 WA-9, Woodinville, WA 98072
The registration form has moved! Please navigate to the registration page to sign-up.
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.